A NOTE ABOUT THE GOVERNOR'S LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT
On January 6, Governor Walz announced a 50% capacity restriction on religious services, while removing the 250 maximum. At Mary Mother, our capacity is approximately 1000 people in the main church. These new guidelines, therefore, allow for 500 people at Mass, beginning the weekend of January 16-17.
While we do not anticipate a large increase in Mass attendance at this point, please be assured that we will continue to be vigilant about the health of our parishioners and staff. Additional chairs will be set up in the Atrium to aid in social distancing. All of our safety protocols will still be in place, including:
- Masks, per the state mandate, will still be required at all Masses.
- Pews will remain roped off to ensure social distancing between family groups.
- We will continue to clean the facilities thoroughly after all services.
- Hand sanitizer will remain readily available throughout the Atrium and Church.
- All of our liturgical changes due to Covid will remain in place.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the office.