A person needs to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism before preparing for First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
- The Sacrament of Baptism is celebrated the third weekend of the month. The Baptism Rite takes place after the 4:00 p.m. Saturday liturgy, at 5:30 p.m., except when there are baptisms during the weekend Masses. Baptisms are celebrated during Mass once every three months.
- Baptism workshops are offered from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings for those who wish to have their child baptized into the Catholic faith. Attendance is required for all parents interested in this sacrament for their child. Participants dig deeper into the rich history and meaning of baptism, the symbols we use, and the responsibilities after reception of the sacrament. Deadline is the Thursday prior to the scheduled Saturday workshop. Childcare is available with one week’s notice.
- A Children’s Catechumenate process is available for any child (including his/her family) who has reached the age of seven and has not been baptized. The process begins with “Inquiry” sessions on Monday evenings and then moves into Sunday mornings for Faith Formation.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process for anyone who wishes to inquire about or to join the Catholic faith. Preparation for adult Baptism (includes anyone over the age of seven who has not been baptized) and adult Initiation (celebrating the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist) are part of the RCIA process.
The primary goal of this journey is conversion, conversion to Christ. Ideally, it is a one year process providing catechumens (those who are unbaptized) and candidates (those who have been baptized in another faith tradition) a full liturgical year of faith filled experiences.
“Inquiry” sessions are held once a month on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the Atrium in the Pastor Alcove, and newcomers are welcome to join us at any time. The RCIA Team and sponsors from the community experience a faith renewal and transformation as well. This process is on-going, so we are available year round for anyone inquiring about the Catholic faith.
- For a downloadable brochure about this ministry, please click here.
At Mary, Mother of the Church, we welcome your active participation in the life of our community and challenge you to deepen your relationship with God.
New member orientations are held monthly where you will be welcomed into our great faith community and learn about all we have to offer to enrich your spiritual life.
To download a brochure about Mary, Mother, please click here.
Please feel free to call us at 952-890-0045 to sign up for the next New Member Orientation, or so that we may answer any additional questions that you may have.
The sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation together constitute the sacraments of Christian initiation. Confirmation perfects Baptismal
grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiations, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church, associate us more closely with her mission, and help us bear witness to the Christian faith in words accompanied by deeds.
Students in 9th and 10th grade, and their parents and sponsors, participate in specialized programs that culminate in Confirmation in the spring of each year.
For more information, contact us
Whether you have been a member for some time, or are just becoming active in our community, we wish to welcome you. Marriage is a sacrament. If you request a sacrament of the Church, and we take seriously the call to help you prepare for this sacrament.
- To download our brochure about the Sacrament of Marriage, please click here. Please read it carefully and discuss it. Later, if and when you make an appointment, ask the priest or deacon any questions you may have. We also recommend that you share this information with family and friends who may be interested in your marriage preparation.
- To download our brochure about the Sacrament of Marriage, please click here.
Each of our parishioners, both young and old, are invited to take an active role in the life of our parish by becoming involved in a ministry, activity, or program, of your choice. Whatever your gifts from God may be, there is a place for you at Mary Mother Join us in building our parish life and the Reign of God. Everything we have is a gift from God, including our talents. Therefore, let us live and give as Christians.
We have 91 ministries, activities, and programs here within our core pastoral areas of: Martura (Discipleship/Stewardship), Kerygma (Administration), Leitourgia (Liturgy, Worship, and Music), Koinonia (Community Life), Didache (Faith Formation and Sacrament Preparation), and Diakonia (Pastoral Care and Social Justice). Check out the opportunities at Mary Mother and we’re sure you’ll find someplace to share your strengths with your Parish.
The staff and leadership are here to help create an environment for your spiritual growth and a deepening conversion to the life of Christ. We look forward to a mutual exchange of gifts and talents to generate a spiritually nourishing experience.
- If you are interested in a specific area or have questions, feel free to give us a call at 952-890-0045.
The communal celebration of the liturgy is at the center of the life of a parish. It is through the liturgy that we express who we are as Christians. It is in the liturgy that we continue to be formed in the ways of our Christian life. Come, join us.
WEEKEND EUCHARIST, in the Church
Saturday: 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
DAILY WEEKDAY EUCHARIST, in the Chapel
Monday: 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday: 6:30 a.m.
Wednesday: 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m.
ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT, in the Chapel
Mondays: 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Chapel
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION, in the Church
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. in the Church
Tuesdays: 7:00 a.m., in the Pastor’s Office
Or by appointment by calling 952-890-0045
ROSARY, in the Chapel
Mondays: 8:15 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 8:15 a.m.
Wednesdays: 5:00 p.m.
MORNING PRAYER, in the Chapel
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 8:30 a.m.
HOLY DAY MASS TIMES
Holy Day Masses are announced seasonally. Please check this page for upcoming Holy Day Mass dates and times.
Proceed south on Cedar Avenue (also Highway 77) from I-494 by Mall of America. Cross Minnesota River and exit at Cliff Road. Turn right (west) and proceed approximately one quarter mile. Mary, Mother of the Church is on left (south) side of road.
Proceed westbound on Highway 13, or any westbound road, until reaching Cedar Avenue (also Highway 77). If on Highway 13, turn left (southbound) and proceed to Cliff Road. Turn right (west) and proceed approximately one quarter mile. Mary, Mother of the Church is on left (south) side of road. If on other roadway, upon reaching Cedar Avenue, turn appropriately (north or south) to proceed to the Cliff Road exit.
From South (35W):
Proceed northbound on 35W. Exit onto Highway 13 northbound. Turn right on Cliff Road. The church is just past the first stoplight on the right (approximately one quarter mile from highway 13).
From South (Cedar Avenue Highway 77):
Proceed northbound on Cedar/Highway 77 from Apple Valley and points south. Exit on Cliff Road and turn left (westbound). The church is approximately one quarter mile from Cedar on the left side of Cliff Road.
From West (Highway 13):
Proceed northeast bound on Highway 13 from Savage and points west. Turn right onto Cliff Road (eastbound). The church is approximately one quarter mile from Highway 13 on the right side of Cliff Road.
Here at Mary Mother, we believe Faith Formation is an ongoing, life-long process. We make sure there are opportunities for everyone of every age to grow in their faith and grow with others. Look at the Faith Formation areas listed below to learn more information about what we have to offer here at Mary Mother!
We provide support and resources to promote growth in the Christian way of life for people of all ages. Faith Formation is more than just religious education, as these ministries are an important part of the whole life of the Parish community that forms our members in their faith.
- Or, for more detailed information about our Faith Formation programs at Mary, Mother of the Church, please click here.
In the event of the death of a loved one, please call the parish office at (952) 890-0045. After office hours, dial the emergency number given in the voice mail message.
To make funeral arrangements, please contact:
- For more detailed information about funeral planning, please click here.