Welcome to Mary, Mother of the Church's liturgy and music ministry!
At Mary, Mother of the Church, we give life to the liturgy in many ways:
- Through attention to the liturgical year as we decorate our worship space and our parish home;
- Through participation in the liturgy as members of the assembly and in taking a role in a liturgical ministry;
- Through opportunities for joyful participation in our many and varied musical groups;
- Through the celebration of sacraments during the liturgy at various times throughout the year.
In all of this, we seek to acknowledge the living presence of the triune God as we worship and grow deeper in faith, together. Come, join us.
Assist in distributing Eucharist at weekend Mass time of your choice and Holy Day Masses. Must be confirmed and at least 16 years old. Training is provided.
Assist the presider during Sunday and Holy Day liturgies once every four to eight weeks at Mass time of your choice. Must be in grade four and above. Training is provided.
Minister of Hospitality
Welcome those arriving for Mass, take up the collection, and assist members of the assembly as needed. May serve with family and friends.
Proclaim the 1st and 2nd Readings at Mass. Training is provided. Must be at least 15 years old.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word
Preside or assist at children’s liturgy in the Chapel during 8:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. Mass from Advent through Lent. Must be confirmed and 16 years of age or older. Background check and VIRTUS training required.
Provide warm welcome to all who come to Mary Mother. Greet at the Mass time of your choice, approximately once per month. Training provided. All ages welcome.
For information on any of these, please contact Roxanne Tozier.
We have a wide variety of opportunities for those who wish to be involved in the musical side of the liturgy:
- Exultation Choir: Provide music leadership for Sunday 8:30 a.m. Mass as well as some Holy Days and other special liturgies. Rehearsals Wednesdays, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., September - May. All men and women, high school age and older, are welcome.
- Living Spirit Choir: Provide music leadership for Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass as well as some Holy Days and special liturgies. Rehearsals Wednesdays, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., September - May. All men and women, high school age and older, are welcome.
- Hand Bell Choir: Support liturgical music with hand bells at rotating Mass times. Rehearsals Wednesdays, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. No prior experience necessary, but keen sense of rhythm needed. Music reading skills helpful, but not necessary.
- Children's Choir: provide music leadership at varying mass times every five to six weeks, September to May. Rehearsals are Wednesdays from 5:45-6:15 pm. Open to youth in grades 1-6.
- Cantors: Proclaim the responsorial psalm and lead the assembly in song at weekend Masses and Holy Days. Must be experienced singer, dependable, and comfortable with public leadership.
- Instrumentalist: Provide instrumental support at weekend and Holy Day liturgies. Rehearsals dependent on Mass time. Must play at 10th grade level. Audition required.
Contact our Liturgy or Music Ministers for more information.
|Roxanne Tozier, liturgist||David Jeske, Music Director||Doreen Bundy, Associate Music Director|