Reach Out to a Family this Thanksgiving!
Every year since 2002, parishioners at Mary, Mother have made Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets for families in our community who need help in order to have a festive Thanksgiving celebration. Each Dinner Basket from Mary, Mother feeds a family of four and has a $25 CUB gift card for perishable dinner items (turkey, milk, pie, rolls, etc.). Last year we were able to make 451 Baskets for our neighbors.
You are needed for this to continue to be successful!
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate any number of items for the Baskets. (See below)
- Sign up after Mass to sponsor a family / create a complete dinner basket at home and bring in by Monday, November 12.
- Make any monetary or $25 CUB gift cards donations.
Sign up to donate your time during the week of November 12 to:
- Load food at CUB, Monday, November 12, 11:00 am
- Prepare baskets, sort food & stock the ‘store’ Monday, November 12, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- Assist our youth on Wednesday, November 14, 6:45 – 9:00pm with assembling & preparing baskets
- Assist with loading vehicles or finishing baskets, Thursday, November 15, 9:45 am, 11/15
- Deliver deliver baskets to CAP Agency in Rosemount, Thursday, November 15, 11:45 am
- Contact Norma Hall at email@example.com to volunteer!
Donations needed for Thanksgiving Baskets on or before Sunday, November 11:
- $25 CUB Foods gift card
- Cans of corn
- Cans of green beans
- Cans of mixed fruit
- Cans of cranberry sauce
- Cans of syrup-packed sweet potatoes
- Boxes (no bags) one-step turkey stuffing
- Boxes of instant mashed potatoes (26+ oz)
- Jars of ready-made turkey gravy
- Bottle (64oz.) juice
- Disposable storage containers Rolls of aluminum foil
- Disposable small turkey roasting pan
- Paper towels
Click here to download a form with information.
Please stop at the sign-up tables in the Atrium after all weekend Masses October 20-21, October 27- 28, November 3 – 4 & November 10 – 11 to register, donate items, and for more information.