Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Watch the Video Tutorial or see instructions below
We have a critical need for adorers:
Monday 11 am, Tuesday 3 pm, Wednesday 9 am, Thursday 2 pm
Monday: 10:00AM-3:00PM, Chapel
Tuesday: 10:00AM-12:00AM, Chapel
Wednesday: 12:00AM-5:30PM, 6:00PM-8:00PM Chapel
Thursday: 10:00AM-8:00PM, Chapel
Friday: 9:30-10:30AM, Church
The practice of Eucharistic Adoration is a centuries old ritual and falls within a broader category of devotions and rituals that are associated with the Sacrament of the Eucharist. In a particular way, Eucharistic Adoration is an extension of the worship and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament that occurs in every Mass. Although adoration of the Blessed Sacrament can never take the place of Eucharistic Communion, many Catholics find great comfort and consolation in their prayers before the Eucharist when it is exposed in the monstrance.
Pope St. John Paul II said, “The Church and the world have a great need of Eucharistic Adoration... Let us be generous with our time in going to meet Jesus and ready to make reparation for the great evils of the world. Let your adoration never cease.”
"Sitting before Christ at Adoration is less about doing than about being." Spend time with Christ in the quiet. Pray, think, read. Just be.
How to sign up for an Adoration hour:
1. Follow the link to the "We Adore Him" webpage
2. Select the hour you would like to sign up for.
3. If you have not created an account yet, click "Create one now." Then fill out the form with your information. If you are open to substituting, select that you would like to be notified when a sub is needed and select the hours that you are generally free to sub.
4. You can either choose to set an end date or select "perpetual."
5. Set your notification settings.
6. You're all signed up!
7. The next page shows the details of your hourly commitment. This is also where you can request substitutes if you cannot make your hour that week. You can also find information on how to request a sub on the "help" tab.
8. If you need to change your committed hour, under "My Commitments" select "edit" then "delete"
Note: If your adoration commitment starts in the next 6 hours, you cannot request a substitute through the automated system.